Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Get To Know Me!

My name is Jordan. I am a young makeup artist with an unhealthy coffee addiction, sarcastic tendencies, and a love for all things lace and/or beauty related.





Want to contact me for a professional inquiry or just to say hey? Email me at jordanmichellemua@gmail.com
I cant wait to hear from you!!!

GRAB MY BUTTON!

Lashes Lace and Lipstick
a href="http://lasheslaceandlipstick.blogspot.com " target="_blank">img src="http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/jordanmweldon/lashes-lace-and-lipstick-ad_zpsa513d3b5.jpg?t=1403790507" alt="Lashes Lace and Lipstick" width="185" height="185" />

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

May 2014 Beauty Favorites!!!

Hey Guys!
So I know we are already well into the month of June but I figured I would go ahead and show you guys some of my favorite products I used throughout the month of May. May was one of the busiest months I have encountered in quite a long time. With bridal season in full force, busy season for my full time job, and my Aunt's wedding (in which I helped coordinate as well as do the make up for in a completely different state) all packed into four short weeks...I did not have a lot of time to focus on how I looked. May was all about simplicity and what could save me the most time. I kept it pretty natural and basic this month which was  a nice change from my norm makeup routine. 


 Urban Decay B6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep Spray - This spray is amazing!!! I love to spray it before I apply my foundation and then after. It is infused with vitamins and is super calming. The combination of heat and makeup products really irritates my skin so the calming properties help reduce redness and is just downright refreshing. This also helps reduce the appearance of large pores and absorbs oil.

Nyx Butter Gloss in Tiramisu - The Nyx Butter Gloss collection has the color payoff of a lipstick but the texture and lightness of a gloss. I am not one for sticky lipglosses and these really don't have a lot of stickyness. The Tiramisu color is a nice " your lips but better" nude color that just looks so natural and pretty. I can't get enough of it.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - I consider this palette a "Holy Grail" product. I keep it in my makeup bag at all times as well as my bridal makeup kit. With 5 neutral matte shadows and one shimmer highlighting shadow, it suites pretty much everyone. The medium brown shade "Naked 2" is also perfect for my blonde brows. I probably used this color the most out of the six. It's my go to palette right now for both my daytime and evening/nightime eye looks.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - I am a huge fan of the Real Techniques brand. This sponge is no exception. It is absolutely perfect for blending out concealer for highlighting and under the eyes. The flat part is great for under the eyes and the rounded portion is wonderful for blending the highlight and contours colors.

Banana Boat Summer Color Self Tanning Lotion - To refer to me as pale would be a very generous understatement. Although completely acceptable during the winter months, it's just not cute during the summer. I do not sun bathe in fear of skin cancer and leathery skin and I don't always have the time or money to maintain a constant spray tan so I have found a way to maintain a nice golden glow. I have tried all different types of self tanning lotions, sprays, wipes, etc. I really don't see the need in spending an arm and a leg on a self tanning product when this lotion exists. I spend around $6 for this suntan in a bottle and its worth every penny. The streaking is left at a minimum and the color is super natural compared to most other tanning lotions.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - I am always on the search for the perfect under eye concealer. Most undereye concealers don't completely cover my discoloration while still remaining light and non cakey. Until this stuff, I've had to settle for one or the other. The coverage with this particular concealer is fantastic but does not leave that dried cakey/heavy look under my eyes when it finally sets. I have actually started using it for my contour and highlighting routine for its coverage and light weight formula. I'm thinking of doing a little review on it for you guys. I would definitely suggest going to pick this puppy up ASAP.

Milani Face Powder - Naturally I use the lightest shade available. Combined with the Revlon BB Cream, I get a really nice matte and natural finish with minimal touch ups. The texture is also very smooth and velvety which I love. The only downside is the chunky packaging takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag. Pro Tip: I have also been using this as a blending color for my shadows. Try it out!!!

NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer - When applied before eyeshadow, your eyeshadow is going NOWHERE! I use this on all of my brides. I have always been a fan of the Urban Decay eye primer but this blows it out of the water. Even after a whole day of wear, I still have to really work to get my shadows off. I really don't remember the last time I had to worry about creasing shadows. 

Revlon Photoready BB Cream - As previously mentioned, I had to keep my makeup looks pretty quick and simple. This BB Cream has a little more coverage than the other BB Creams I have tried in the past. It goes on easily with my fingers and after I set it with powder, I'm good to go. It gives enough coverage to smooth out my complexion while still looking super natural. This also photos really well. If I am going to airbrush my foundation, I like to do a light layer of this before I airbrush. It gives a beautiful finish!.

There you have it! Have you tried any of these products??? Let me know what you think of them or if you have any products you are loving right now that I should try!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10