Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Get To Know Me!

My name is Jordan. I am a young makeup artist with an unhealthy coffee addiction, sarcastic tendencies, and a love for all things lace and/or beauty related.





Want to contact me for a professional inquiry or just to say hey? Email me at jordanmichellemua@gmail.com
I cant wait to hear from you!!!

GRAB MY BUTTON!

Lashes Lace and Lipstick
a href="http://lasheslaceandlipstick.blogspot.com " target="_blank">img src="http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/jordanmweldon/lashes-lace-and-lipstick-ad_zpsa513d3b5.jpg?t=1403790507" alt="Lashes Lace and Lipstick" width="185" height="185" />

Friday, June 20, 2014

Light N' Easy Summertime Makeup using only Drugstore Makeup!!!


Hey There!

Today I thought I would give you a quick makeup tutorial. Summer is in full swing here in the peach state and heavy makeup looks just arent cutting it. I decided to do something light n' easy for the summer months using ONLY DRUGSTORE MAKEUP!!! I feel like there are a lot of amazing tutorials out there that although beautiful, can be quite intimidating to those of you who are just starting out with makeup or really just want something quick, easy, and affordable. Sure those makeup looks we see on pinterest are great for a night out or special occassion but in all actuallity, who goes that in depth with their makeup every single day besides the Kardashians and the other celebrities or professionals? ***Sidenote: If you are one of those people who find the time to do this every single day and still manage to have a life and full time job please contact me and tell me your secret. I'm a professional and I still can't find the time!!!***



Here is the super easy look:

I took these pictures with super bright natural morning light so the lighting is a tad harsh but you get the point. This has become my regular day to day routine for the week. Its beautiful yet still very natural and light. It also is pretty long lasting. I touch up my powder once mid day and then I'm good.

Here are the products I used for this look:

Okay so here we go!!! This is my first real time doing this so please forgive me if my explinations are a tad confusing.



1. Eyes : I always start my makeup looks with the eyes. I just find it easier if clean up is necessary from any fallout. I primed my eyes with the Fergie Wet n Wild eye primer and applied the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze to my lids. I focused it on the lash line area and blended it up to my crease with my ring finger. I then applied the L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush to my lids. I blended the shadow up to my crease with a clean blending bush. I took my Milani Face Powder and used it to blend out the L'oreal eyeshadow to create a really natural transition. I then applied 2 coats of the L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara for really dark and voluminous lashes. I love this mascara btw. I did a review of it here. Finally, I filled in my eyelashes with the Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Blonde.

2. Face: I primed my skin with the Maybelline Baby Skin primer and then applied a light layer of the Elf Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain. For concealer I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Fair. I applied it in triangle shapes for under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, the middle part of my forehead and the middle of my chin. I blended this out with my Real Techniques blending sponge. I took the NYC Mosiac All Over Bronze Glow and worked it under my cheek bones for a slight contour and applied the Elf HD Blush in Superstar on the apples of my cheeks. I used my fingers for this and blended it out further with my Real Techniques sponge. I set the rest of my makeup with the Milani Face Powder and applied the NYC Sun n Bronze in Hamptons Radiance on the apples of my cheeks, my temples (working it slightly onto my outer parts of my forehead) and my outer chin (working it down onto my neck). I set all of this with my NYX setting spray in "Dewy Finish"

3. Lips: I applied Maybelline's Color Whisper in Go Nude to the lips. Its a great "my lips but better" nude that has more of a glossy finish.

And thats it! I hope you give this (and these awesome drugstore products) a try! I didnt get a good picture of the eyes but the application is so simple that I wasnt too worried about not having one. If you would like to see more of these easy drugstore makeup tutorials, please let me know!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10