Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Get To Know Me!

My name is Jordan. I am a young makeup artist with an unhealthy coffee addiction, sarcastic tendencies, and a love for all things lace and/or beauty related.





Want to contact me for a professional inquiry or just to say hey? Email me at jordanmichellemua@gmail.com
I cant wait to hear from you!!!

GRAB MY BUTTON!

Lashes Lace and Lipstick
a href="http://lasheslaceandlipstick.blogspot.com " target="_blank">img src="http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/jordanmweldon/lashes-lace-and-lipstick-ad_zpsa513d3b5.jpg?t=1403790507" alt="Lashes Lace and Lipstick" width="185" height="185" />

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

How to EASILY Contour and Highlight


Hey There!

It seems like every wedding I work these days, I am approached about Contouring and Highlighting. What is it? What does it do? I've tried it a million times but I just end up looking crazy, how do I do it right? Well, today I will answer these questions and hopefully you will be a pro at it in no time.

In layman's terms, Contouring and Highlighting basically sculpts the face, brings out the parts of the face in which the sun naturally reflects, and recedes the parts of the face that you want to make less noticeable. Contouring utilizes darker colors where as highlighting utilizes light colors. Its actually pretty simple.




How to Contour and Highlight:

These aren't the most flattering pictures of myself...don't judge K!

Step 1. I always start with a light layer of foundation or BB Cream. This is just to even out my skintone and to give the contour and highlighting products something to blend into.














Step 2. Take a light and creamy concealer and apply it in a triangle shape under your eyes, onto the bridge of your nose, throughout your forehead, around your mouth, your chin, and up your jaw line. You can even apply a little on your cupids bow. Try and pick one about 2 shades lighter than your actual skin tone. This isn't a very easy task for myself seeing as how I am about as light as you can get. Ideally, I would want about a shade lighter than the one I used here.


























Step 3. Now for contouring. Pick a shade about 2-3 shades darker than your skintone for a more subtle contour. If you like a dramatic contour (like myself) go for a darker shade. It's all up to preference. I use the Maybelline Fit Me foundation stick for my contour. I use the 2nd darkest shade. Its also super bendable which is something you want with your contour color. I apply it to my forehead, under the cheek bones, jaw line, and around the nose. This makes my fivehead look smaller, my crooked nose(don't go there you know you noticed) look straighter, my face less oval and more sculpted, and my jaw look thinner as well. It's like plastic surgery without the surgery!


Step 4. BLEND, BLEND, and BLEND. I use my Real Techniques complexion sponge to blend out the light concealer.
















Step 5. I blend the dark concealer with my ELF stippling brush. The darker color takes a little more time to blend than the lighter color. You just have to keep working it in until you get your desired result.












Step 6. Once everything is blended, I like to set it all with a pressed powder (hd powder or loose powder will do too) to help with lasting power.













 Step 7. Next I apply a little matte bronzer to the hollow of my cheeks, the sides of my forehead, and the sides of my nose to intensify the shadow and effect. Be light with the bronzer, too much will make you look muddy and totally undo what you are trying to accomplish.
 Step 8. Apply so blush to the cheek bones. I like to start near the temple and lightly work it down near the apples of my cheeks.

Step 9. Apply any finishing touches such as mascara or lipstick and you are done.

Easy as that!!! 

I definitely don't contour and highlight strongly on a day to day basis. Ain't no body got time for that. But this is great for going out or days when you need a full face of makeup. I hope this helped you. Let me know your tips and tricks for contouring and highlighting.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10